To add a preparer (consultant) for the first time:
NOTE: The RO's status for the facility should already be approved (i.e. status indicates active). If the RO starts associating the preparer before the RO's status is approved, only the first of 2 steps can be performed and the preparer will not have access to the facilities or application types until the RO status is approved and the RO performs the second step of authorizing the preparer for the facility and application or report types.
Preparers cannot associate themselves with the RO's account; the RO must perform this action.
Steps for RO:
- Logs in to GEOS.
- Go to My Account.
- Go to Manage Consultants and Preparers.
- Click the Add User button
- Enter the Preparer's or Consultant's GEOS registered email address.
- Enter the start date for the preparer's access.
- Enter the optional expiration date for access. Leaving blank gives unlimited access time.
Note: after the expiration date, the preparer will no longer be able to see anything for the RO including past activities the preparer worked on. The RO update the expiration date later if necessary.
- Click the Validate and Associate button to complete the first step.
- If the RO status is already approved, the second step appears below the first and the yellow Add Authorizations button appears.
- Click the Add Authorizations button - this begins the second step in associating the preparer.
- Place check marks and click the radio buttons on the next page to indicate for which facilities and application or report types the preparer will have access.
- Click the Email Notify button to have GEOS send the preparer email that they have been associated with the RO's account.
- Click OK at the bottom of that page.
- The preparer will have access, on their next login, to the facilities and application and report types the RO selected.
To edit a preparer's/consultant's status:
Steps for RO:
- Log in to GEOS
- Select My Account tab
- Select Manage Consultants and Preparers
- Click the Edit icon to the left of any of the preparer instances.
- If the Preparer has access to multiple facilities, applications or report types, their name will appear for each permission set
- Click 'Add Authorizations' to grant access
- Select check for App Name, Facility and Permission.
- Changes can be made for the preparer including adding other facilities or permit or report types. Deletions can be done for the preparer by clicking the red X to the left of the names on rows that contain options to delete. To completely remove a preparer/consultant click all red Xs until the person is completely removed.